Brittany Howard recently did a cover of Joni Mitchell’s “Both sides now” at the Kennedy Center Honors. At the same event back in 2008, Bettye LaVette did a cover of The Who classic “Love Reign O’er Me”. Sam Smith also did a cover of Cyndi Lauper’s “Time after Time” last year. These artists interpreted those classic songs with their unique perspectives while maintaining the integrity of the songs.
It’s time for Stretch Therapy Boston to cover Stretch Therapy!
Wasn’t that what we have been doing? What’s the difference? You will see some unique perspectives. I will be drawing from my own practice of Stretch Therapy as well as my learning from various experiences into this new series. My goal is offering you the safe, effective, and sustainable resources for your own practice of moving with grace and ease. It’s a practice of staying relaxed while under tensions, after all.
For everyone! Classes are held with a group of students to explore the benefits of practice together. Variations of the exercises are introduced based on the individual’s needs. Students can focus on the proper alignment of each exercise and experience the holistic benefits from it. More variations of the exercises are gradually introduced following the principles of the Stretch Therapy system. Check out the Stretch Therapy Boston Online Class Open House video (30 minutes) for an orientation of what to expect in the class, what to prepare, and a lying meditation.
- Tuesday (at 5:30pm EST, 60 min/class): June 7, June 14, June 21 (no class), June 28 (no class)
- Thursday (at 5:30pm EST, 60 min/class): June 2, June 9, June 16, June 23 (no class), June 30 (no class)
Sign-up: We are using Zoom as our online platform. Please click the date above to sign up for the specific class. The sign-in information will be sent to you via email after the registration. The registration process is as simple as providing your name and an email address. That’s it! Your email address will be added automatically to the mailing list of communicating important updates automatically. To unsubscribe, just email Stretch Therapy Boston directly.
Prepare for the class:
- A space that you can focus on yourself, and stretch!
- A soft surface, either on a rug or laying out a Yoga mat on the floor.
- Dress comfortably so you can move freely.
Special preparation (updated every Monday): in addition to the typical props, you are recommended to have a notebook near you and capture the sensations/learning from each exercise.
- 6/14 (Tuesday): wall, chair/bench (theme: the Trunk of Flexibility)
- 6/16 (Thursday): wall, bolster (theme: the Trunk of Flexibility)
- Join in at least 5-10 min before the class starts. Say hello to others if you are new to the class! (Zoom will be started at least 15 min before the class starts.)
- You may click Gallery View, click … on the upper right corner on the teacher’s video, and select Pin Video to keep the teacher’s cam on the main screen for your reference.
- Leave your webcam and audio on as long as it is not disrupting others. Try to adjust the cam so the teacher can see the whole you as much as possible.
- $15 per class. Pay via Venmo (@Justin-Chien-4), Apple Pay (978-549-1865), or PayPal (justin.chien@gmail,com, using Friend/Family as the Payment Type).
- One flat rate for the whole household. Invite folks in the same household to join in!
- EMT, police, fireman, soldier, and unemployed individuals are free (please email Justin Chien as a courtesy heads up), or pay what you are comfortable with.
After the class: A summary of the exercises from each class will be posted on Stretch Therapy Boston Facebook. Please ask questions in the corresponding post so others can be benefit from your questions. Please Like the Facebook page to receive the notification.
Video on demand: To encourage a continuous practice, you may check out the video from the class in the previous week if you miss a class. After the class, the above sign-up link for a class will be updated as a video on demand link for it (refresh the website to get the updated link). You can register to view it. It is typically shown as the Gallery view. Please follow the same process for the payment with the same rate as the in-person class. Note: the video is only available for one week.
Got questions? Email Stretch Therapy Boston.
Bonus: check out our 2021 end-of-year reflection video.