[Completed. Please reference online classes for the latest offering.]
For everyone! Classes are held with a group of students to explore the benefits of practice together. Variations of the poses are introduced based on the individual’s needs. Students can focus on the proper alignment of each pose and experience the holistic benefits from it. More variations of the poses are gradually introduced following the principles of the Stretch Therapy system. Check out the Stretch Therapy Boston Online Class Open House video (30 minutes) for an orientation of what to expect in the class, what to prepare, and a lying meditation.
We completed the 3-part Absolute Beginner’s Series (ABS) in June and July! To continue our practice, we will kick off the Overcome Neck & Back Pain series starting on August 11. This series is based on Kit’s book that started the Stretch Therapy movement in the world. It covers more than just the neck or back! Come and learn the effective techniques to address the pains that you may have, or would like prevent them.
- Tuesday (at 5:30pm EST, 60 min/class): August 11, August 18, August 25
- Thursday (at 5:30pm EST, 60 min/class): August 13, August 20, August 27
Sign-up: We are using Zoom as our online platform. Please click the date above to sign up for the specific class. The sign-in information will be sent to you via email after the registration. The registration process is as simple as providing your name and an email address. That’s it!
Prepare for the class:
- A space that you can focus on yourself, and stretch!
- A soft surface, either on a rug or laying out a Yoga mat on the floor.
- Dress comfortably so you can move freely.
Special preparation (updated every Monday): you are recommended to have a notebook near you, and capture the sensations from each exercise. Please keep the Self-assessment sheet with you as a reference.
- Join in at least 5-10 min before the class starts. Say hello with your name and location if you are new to the class, and start stretching! (Zoom will be started at least 10 min before the class starts.)
- Click Gallery View, click … on the upper right corner on my video, and select Pin Video to keep the teacher’s cam on the main screen continuously for your reference.
- Leave your webcam and audio on as long as it is not disrupting others. Try to adjust the cam so the teacher can see the whole you as much as possible.
- $10 per class. Pay via Venmo (@Justin-Chien-4), Apple Pay (978-549-1865), or PayPal (justin.chien@gmail,com, using Friend/Family as the Payment Type).
- One flat rate for the whole household. Invite folks in the same household to join in!
- EMT, police, fireman, soldier, and unemployed individuals are free (please email Justin Chien as a courtesy heads up), or pay what you are comfortable with.
After the class: A summary of the exercises from each class will be posted on Stretch Therapy Boston Facebook. You may ask questions in the corresponding post – others can be benefit from your questions. Please Like the Facebook page to receive the notification.
Got questions? Email Stretch Therapy Boston.
Bonus: Don’t forget to check out Kit and Olivia’s Stretch Therapy free daily video from March 24 to April 2, 2020. These videos are still available and are great exercises to practice at home.