*** Due to the coronavirus, the workshop is postponed to a future date.
*** Thanks for your understanding. Please check back with us soon!
Deeper Into the Stretch (DITS)
Presenters: Justin Chien and James Wheatley
Date/Time: 1.5 day/12 hours total
- 7/10/2020 (Friday), 9am-1pm, 2pm-6pm
- 7/11/2020 (Saturday), 1pm-5pm
Location: Shobu Aikido of Boston, 34 Allen Street, Somerville, MA 02143
- Early Bird (register by 6/10/2020): $399
- Regular (registrations from 6/11/2020): $549
Discount policy: We want you to practice Stretch Therapy consistently! When you repeat the same workshop, you attract a 50% discount off the regular price ($275). If you register for a different two-day workshop in a calendar year, you attract a 25% discount off the second workshop with either the Early Bird price ($300) or the regular price ($413) based on your registration date.
Space is limited – sign up soon! 3 ways to register:
1) Register via PayPal: Send payment to firstname.lastname@example.org directly. Choose Personal Payment option, not Goods and Services. Please include your full name, email address, and phone number in the note section of the payment.
2) Register via Venmo: Please include your full name, email address, and phone number in the message of the payment.
3) Register via Apple Pay: Pay with 978-549-1865. Please include your full name, email address, and phone number in the message of the payment.
Cancellation policy: 50% refund if cancel before 6/10/2020. No refund after 6/10/2020.
Workshop confirmation: the workshop will be confirmed no later than 6/11/2020 for making your travel arrangement.
Lodging: the workshop will be held at the Shobu Aikido dojo near the Union Square in Somerville, MA. If you stay in the area (Somerville, Cambridge, or Boston), it should be an easy commute to get to the dojo via Uber/Lyft (sorry, no MBTA subway or bus stop near by). Here are some lodging options close to the dojo for your consideration. If you choose to stay in Boston, the price will certainly go higher.
- Airbnb in Somerville, Cambridge, Boston
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Boston – Cambridge
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Boston Cambridge
- Holiday Inn Boston Bunker Hill Area
- Hampton Inn Boston/Cambridge
- Residence Inn By Marriott Boston Cambridge
- Boston Marriott Cambridge
Food: There are plenty options for food at the Union Square. The places below are all in walking distance from the dojo.
- Celeste (Peruvian restaurant, great ceviche and wonderful people)
- Juliet (Restaurant/Cafe, tip free dining)
- Machu Chicken (Peruvian restaurant, great chicken)
- Machu Picchu (Peruvian restaurant)
- Bisq (restaurant and wine bar, love them – say hello to chef Alex)
- Buk Kyung Korean restaurant (homestyle Korean food)
- Ebi Sushi (Never try it but heard good thing about it)
- Bloc Cafe (coffee shop with great coffee, pastries, and sandwiches)
- Union Square Donuts (Donuts!)
- Reliable Market (Korean market, also serving food such as ramen)
Parking: Space will be limited on Friday, but plenty on Saturday. Please contact Stretch Therapy Boston for reserving a parking space on Friday (if still available). Please don’t park at the nearby Target store parking lot – they tow the cars regularly. Car pool or using ride-share (no nearby bus stop or metro T station) are strongly encouraged.
Clothing: The room will be warm enough for short sleeve t-shirt and shorts. Some people prefer to wear long sleeve shirt and pants. As long as you wear something that doesn’t constrain you from moving freely, you will be fine. Feel free to bring a light jacket/pants just in case. A light blanket can be useful for lying meditation.
Got questions? Email Stretch Therapy Boston
Deeper Into the Stretch (DITS)
Deeper Into the Stretch (DITS) is the next step after Into the Stretch or ST for Performance, and can be taken at any time after you do your first ST workshop.
What is not obvious to anyone new to the system is that repetition, and increasing intensity, are the keys to any successful stretching program. We created Deeper Into the Stretch (DITS) because so many people have repeated Into the Stretch, or ST for Performance multiple times, and report each time that they learned more than the times before—the system is wide and deep and caters to all body types and levels of function.
One option is to do an Into the Stretch workshop one weekend, and practise by yourself for a while before doing Deeper Into the Stretch. Done this way, DITS will deepen your practise, and give you the opportunity to consult with the presenters about any difficulties you may have encountered in your journey.
And for the total-immersion junkies (you know who you are!) you can do Into the Stretch and follow it immediately with Deeper Into the Stretch.
As well, if you are considering the Stretch Teacher Intensive program, the more exposure you can get to different people’s physical challenges, the better.
On day one, we will revise all the key material presented in Into the Stretch, introducing more difficult versions, or alternative versions of the exercises you learned on Into the Stretch or ST for Performance. Day two will introduce more complex material, including poses that require the elements of Into the Stretch, put together in ways that generate new effects in the body. Everyone will leave with their bodies and their minds stretched effectively!
Past attendees have reported that digesting the material in the second edition of Stretching & Flexibility before the workshop helped the understanding of the material significantly. As well, there are extensive discussions on the Forums, and on Kit’s blog.