*** Due to the coronavirus, all workshops in 2020 are cancelled. New workshops will be scheduled for 2021.
*** Thanks for your understanding. Please check back with us soon!
Into the Stretch (ITS)
Presenters: Justin Chien and James Wheatley
Date/Time: 1.5 day/12 hours total
- 4/3/2020 (Friday), 9am-1pm, 2pm-6pm
- 4/4/2020 (Saturday), 1pm-5pm
Location: Shobu Aikido of Boston, 34 Allen Street, Somerville, MA 02143
- Early Bird (register by
3/3/20203/20/2020 – extended!): $399
- Regular (registrations from 3/20/2020): $549
Discount policy: We want you to practice Stretch Therapy consistently! When you repeat the same workshop, you attract a 50% discount off the regular price (paying $275). If you register for a different two-day workshop in a calendar year, you attract a 25% discount off the second workshop with either the Early Bird price ($300) or the regular price ($413) based on your registration date.
Space is limited – sign up soon! 3 ways to register:
1) Register via PayPal: Send payment to firstname.lastname@example.org directly. Choose Personal Payment option, not Goods and Services. Please include your full name, email address, and phone number in the note section of the payment.
2) Register via Venmo: Please include your full name, email address, and phone number in the message of the payment.
3) Register via Apple Pay: Pay with 978-549-1865. Please include your full name, email address, and phone number in the message of the payment.
Cancellation policy: 50% refund if cancel before 3/3/2020. No refund after 3/3/2020.
Workshop confirmation: the workshop will be confirmed no later than 3/4/2020 for making your travel arrangement. The workshop is now confirmed!
Lodging: the workshop will be held at the Shobu Aikido dojo near the Union Square in Somerville, MA. If you stay in the area (Somerville, Cambridge, or Boston), it should be an easy commute to get to the dojo via Uber/Lyft (sorry, no MBTA subway or bus stop near by). Here are some lodging options close to the dojo for your consideration. If you choose to stay in Boston, the price will certainly go higher.
- Airbnb in Somerville, Cambridge, Boston
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Boston – Cambridge
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Boston Cambridge
- Holiday Inn Boston Bunker Hill Area
- Hampton Inn Boston/Cambridge
- Residence Inn By Marriott Boston Cambridge
- Boston Marriott Cambridge
Food: There are plenty options for food at the Union Square. The places below are all in walking distance from the dojo.
- Celeste (Peruvian restaurant, great ceviche and wonderful people)
- Juliet (Restaurant/Cafe, tip free dining)
- Machu Chicken (Peruvian restaurant, great chicken)
- Machu Picchu (Peruvian restaurant)
- Bisq (restaurant and wine bar, love them – say hello to chef Alex)
- Buk Kyung Korean restaurant (homestyle Korean food)
- Ebi Sushi (Never try it but heard good thing about it)
- Bloc Cafe (coffee shop with great coffee, pastries, and sandwiches)
- Union Square Donuts (Donuts!)
- Reliable Market (Korean market, also serving food such as ramen)
Parking: Space will be limited on Friday, but plenty on Saturday. Please contact Stretch Therapy Boston for reserving a parking space on Friday (if still available). Please don’t park at the nearby Target store parking lot – they tow the cars regularly. Car pool or using ride-share (no nearby bus stop or metro T station) are strongly encouraged.
Clothing: The room will be warm enough for short sleeve t-shirt and shorts. Some people prefer to wear long sleeve shirt and pants. As long as you wear something that doesn’t constrain you from moving freely, you will be fine. Feel free to bring a light jacket/pants just in case. A light blanket can be useful for lying meditation.
Got questions? Email Stretch Therapy Boston
Into the Stretch (ITS): a 100% full immersion experience in the work of Stretch Therapy
This workshop is for anyone new to Stretch Therapy, and is suitable for every body.
Learn the techniques that have helped tens of thousands of people to experience grace and ease in the body.
You will learn how to:
- free up tight joints and move fluidly again
- increase the sensations of being alive
- let tension go completely from your body
- relax completely, via daily guided relaxation exercises
- sleep more deeply and awaken refreshed
In the Into the Stretch (ITS) workshop you will stretch every muscle, every nerve, and every bit of fascia in the body. Until you have had this experience you simply cannot imagine the deep state of relaxation that manifests in the body as a result. You will learn and practise solo and partner versions of exercises. Adding to this effect is a daily guided relaxation exercise. Becoming aware of this state of relaxation as you experience it allows it to become a choice in the future.
And then there is the more mundane but still crucially important aspect of simply freeing yourself of pain in the body. Most people experience their bodies as impediments in their life instead of the source of all pleasure. This is as true of athletes as it is of couch potatoes—only the details of the discomfort changes. The most common cause of pain and tension is too much sitting, and not enough of the right movement.
The body is talking to us all the time but it speaks a language we don’t understand or have learned not to listen to—the body speaks in the language of sensation and the right stretching exercises are the best way to decode this foreign language. You will become the world’s expert on you and your life will be different forever as a result.